Please read this form with your child then sign in the bottom and return to the school.
The mission of the school is for the students to master Quran recitation, memorization and Arabic skills to help them understand the book of Allah.
Enrollment and fees
1. Every student will be examined on the first day of joining the school to assess his/her level in reading from the Quran then will be placed in a class according to his/her level.
2. Fees are $25 per month for each student. Voluntary contributions are appreciated. Fees will be waived for families in need.
1. The school will be every Saturday and Wednesday, between 4-6 pm. All the parents will be notified in advance of any changes in the days or time.
2. Consistent attendance is necessary to ensure academic achievement.
Arrival and dismissal
1. Students are expected to arrive on time (5 minutes before the start of the class)
2. The parents are required to sign in / sign out students.
3. The pickup should not be later than 15 minutes after the end of school. The school is not responsible for the welfare of the student after that time, and there will be no supervision.
1. All students and staff of the school are required to dress appropriately according to the Masjid rules. Students who do not follow the dress code may face disciplinary action. For boys above the age of 10 full length pants is required and for girls above the age of 10 hijab is required. Also any clothes that display inappropriate message or images are not allowed.
Rules and regulations:
1. The school is responsible for providing a safe/ clean environment to facilitate the learning process
2. All students will be treated equally. Every student has the right to learn.
3. The school will provide books for the first time to levels 1 and 2. In case of loss or damage a new book will have to be purchased by the parent.
4. Parents should sign homework sheet in the student’s folder that will include any homework and disciplinary notices before the next class.
5. Students may not bring toys or electronic games. These items will be taken away by the teacher and will be returned only to the parent.
6. The use of cell phones and ALL electronic devices are prohibited during school hours except for emergency. Cell phones should be on silent mode.
7. Please notify school administration if student has an attention disorder like ADHD, any learning or physical disability or has medical conditions that may require special attention during school hours.
Discipline at school
1. All students have to follow the rules of the school and act as a responsible person. If a student breaks the rules it is the school responsibility to discipline him/her.
2. A student shall not in any way prevent a teacher or other students from conducting their duties.
3. If a student doesn’t follow the rules, he will get a 5 minute time out and the parent will receive a written notice about the incident in the student’s folder. The third incident, the student will be sent to the office and the school will arrange a meeting with the parent to help improve the school performance.
4. Students should treat school staff with respect at all times and be courteous to fellow students. Students will refrain from damaging any form of school property and keep the school clean. Unacceptable behavior including but not limited to dishonesty, neglect of homework, disruptive behavior, disrespectful behavior towards staff, and bullying will lead to disciplinary action.
5. In severe cases of disruptive behavior students may be expelled from school.
6. The school mreserves the right to change, modify and implement this disciplinary policy. Parents and student will be informed in writing of these changes in advance and are expected to abide by the new changes/policies.
In case of emergency like falling or sickness the school will contact the parents, please make sure the school have valid phone numbers for emergency contact. If the emergency is life threatening the school will call 911.
As you know the school depends mainly on volunteers who give their time to keep the school running efficiently. We ask the parents, if they would be available to do one day of school service every 3 months to help with activities like signing students in and out, supervising students during break time, and helping the young one with Wudu
Assalamu Alaikum all,
Thank you for sending your children. Please let others know about the program, and encourage them to enroll their children as well!
"The Messenger of Allah (?) said: One who guides to something good has a reward similar to that of its doer."
Take a glimpse into this weekend's class session:
An-Nisa Sisterhood meeting - class and discussion is being held every Friday.
Qur'an Reading and Memorization classes for children of all ages are taking place twice a week at Masjid al-Muslimiin. This class is intended to strengthen your child's relationship with the Qur'an, as well as challenge and facilitate growth in their memory and language skills.
Class sessions meet twice a week during the following days:
Wednesdays 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Saturdays 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
All participating students as well as teachers are encouraged to arrive by 3:45 for Asr prayer.
If you have not registered your children for these classes and would like to participate, please fill out a form at the Masjid or through the following link:
All interested boys, ages 13 and up, are encouraged to register to participate in upcoming youth activities with their fellow Muslim brothers in the community. Please inform others, and share through social media.
For more details on the boys' activities, please contact:
Brother Osama Askar at (803) 404-0195 or Brother Zaid Abdullah at (803) 261-6328.
Any interested girls in the community are also encouraged to connect with their fellow Muslim sisters through the bimonthly Muslim sisters' youth group.
Share Islam Day is visible on the horizon, and will be rapidly approaching us as we begin the new year. Although the event is tentatively scheduled in late April/early May, the planning and logistics that go into the event are immense.
We encourage all members of our Muslim community in Columbia to come together and help make this year's Share Islam Day a successful event. Let's make a positive impression to the greater Columbia community as we open our doors and invite them to share dinner with us and introduce them to our way of guidance through this life.
Share Islam Day Committee Meetings will be held every Saturday after Fajr prayer.
Any suggestions, questions, or concerns related to Share Islam Day. can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, and will be brought up at these meetings.
Imam Adly of Columbia, South Carolina, on behalf of the Islamic Center of Columbia, Carolina Islamic Council, and Adly Publications condemns ALL acts of violence and injustice, past, present or future. Our Islamic teachings, after which we try to model our lives, absolutely forbid any act of transgression committed by anyone or against anyone.
We extend our most sincere condolences to the loved ones of the victims. May Allah make things easier for all of us and guide us all towards a more positive future.
From "Al Jawwab al Kaafi, by Imam Ibn Qayyim al Jawziyyah (rahmatullahi 'alaihi)
*ONE* The Prevention of Knowledge: Knowledge is a light which Allah throws into the heart and disobedience extinguishes this light.
Imam Shaafi'ee said:
*TWO* The Prevention of Sustenance: Just as Taqwaa brings about sustenance, the abandonment of Taqwaa causes poverty. There is nothing which can bring about sustenance like the abandonment of disobedience
*THREE* The prevention of obedience (to Allah). If there was no other punishment for sin other than that it prevents one from obedience to Allah then this would be sufficient.
*FOUR* Disobedience weakens the heart and the body. Its weakening the heart is something which is clear. Disobedience does not stop weakening it until the life of the heart ceases completely.