WIS (Weekend Islamic School) will resume on 18 th september 2016, sunday .It will be our first day of the new session (2016-2017) . We will have teacher- parents interaction as well as registration for classes.
Hope to see you all In Sha Allah.
Jazakum Allahu Khairan.
Masjid al-Muslimiin (Islamic Center of Columbia) Invites you all for Eid al-Adha Prayer on Monday, September 12th, 2016, at Martin Luther King Jr. Park.
Eid Prayer will approximately start at 8:15 AM. Refreshments will be served around 9 o'clock, and other activities including Games, Rides, Balloons, Gifts, Candy etc. Lunch will be at 1 O'clock. Our program starts at 7 AM and extends to 4 PM. Your contribution and volunteering is Welcomed and well appreciated.
Martin Luther King Jr. Park.
2300 Greene St, Columbia, SC 29205
*Please contact us if you need a Letter of absence for school or work.
For information concerning the Muslim Refuges in Columbia, donating, or assisting, please contact our coordinator Sister Lynne Miller. (704)403-4456
The class on Muslim morals and manners with Abdullah Ansari will resume on Monday the 25th at 7:15 pm until magrib prayer. Remember to bring your book.
Any marriage service or ceremony conducted by Imam Adly or conducted in The Islamic Center of Columbia have to meet the following criteria:
1.) No performance of marriage in which one of the partners is not Muslim. The Islamic Center of Columbia will not conduct any marriage between two partners of different religious beliefs, regardless of whether it is the husband or the wife that is not Muslim.
2.) Future brides MUST have a guardian, which is a male member of her immediate family who could not marry her at any time (i.e., requirements of Mahram: father, brother, son, etc.).
3.) In case of the future bride being the only Muslim in her family, guardianship automatically and exclusively falls into the hands of the Imam of the community.
4.) In case the guardian lives in another country, a legal document approved by the embassy of that respective country must be sent to verify the consent of the guardian for such marriage.
5.) A sister who has been married before has to show proof of divorce of the previous marriage from the previous husband.
6.) No performance of marriage for people out of town. Islamic Center of Columbia offers marriage services only to local residents and members of the local community.
7.) Upon request for Imam Adly to conduct the wedding service, or for it to be performed in the Mosque, gives the Imam the right to unite the two parties as well as the right to separate the two parties upon request of one of them, even if the other party is in disagreement.
8.) Both parties need to educate themselves concerning Islamic rights and obligations and duties towards each other, as instructed by Qur'an and authentic Sunnah prior to marriage.
9.) ABSOLUTELY NO MARRIAGE ON THE SPOT.
10.) Marriage done by the Imam or at the Islamic Center of Columbia has nothing to do with legal marriage status. Legal marriage licenses can be obtained at the family court.
11.) The Imam has the right to turn down any request of marriage without presenting any reason. It is a free service, so the Imam is not to be bound by any obligations or demands.
Is your child in one of these classes? If not, then we encourage you to bring them to the new Qur’anic education program at Masjid al-Muslimiin! Invest in your child to learn the most valuable knowledge to benefit him/her in this life and in the Hereafter.
Please read this form with your child then sign in the bottom and return to the school.
The mission of the school is for the students to master Quran recitation, memorization and Arabic skills to help them understand the book of Allah.
Enrollment and fees
1. Every student will be examined on the first day of joining the school to assess his/her level in reading from the Quran then will be placed in a class according to his/her level.
2. Fees are $25 per month for each student. Voluntary contributions are appreciated. Fees will be waived for families in need.
1. The school will be every Saturday and Wednesday, between 4-6 pm. All the parents will be notified in advance of any changes in the days or time.
2. Consistent attendance is necessary to ensure academic achievement.
Arrival and dismissal
1. Students are expected to arrive on time (5 minutes before the start of the class)
2. The parents are required to sign in / sign out students.
3. The pickup should not be later than 15 minutes after the end of school. The school is not responsible for the welfare of the student after that time, and there will be no supervision.
1. All students and staff of the school are required to dress appropriately according to the Masjid rules. Students who do not follow the dress code may face disciplinary action. For boys above the age of 10 full length pants is required and for girls above the age of 10 hijab is required. Also any clothes that display inappropriate message or images are not allowed.
Rules and regulations:
1. The school is responsible for providing a safe/ clean environment to facilitate the learning process
2. All students will be treated equally. Every student has the right to learn.
3. The school will provide books for the first time to levels 1 and 2. In case of loss or damage a new book will have to be purchased by the parent.
4. Parents should sign homework sheet in the student’s folder that will include any homework and disciplinary notices before the next class.
5. Students may not bring toys or electronic games. These items will be taken away by the teacher and will be returned only to the parent.
6. The use of cell phones and ALL electronic devices are prohibited during school hours except for emergency. Cell phones should be on silent mode.
7. Please notify school administration if student has an attention disorder like ADHD, any learning or physical disability or has medical conditions that may require special attention during school hours.
Discipline at school
1. All students have to follow the rules of the school and act as a responsible person. If a student breaks the rules it is the school responsibility to discipline him/her.
2. A student shall not in any way prevent a teacher or other students from conducting their duties.
3. If a student doesn’t follow the rules, he will get a 5 minute time out and the parent will receive a written notice about the incident in the student’s folder. The third incident, the student will be sent to the office and the school will arrange a meeting with the parent to help improve the school performance.
4. Students should treat school staff with respect at all times and be courteous to fellow students. Students will refrain from damaging any form of school property and keep the school clean. Unacceptable behavior including but not limited to dishonesty, neglect of homework, disruptive behavior, disrespectful behavior towards staff, and bullying will lead to disciplinary action.
5. In severe cases of disruptive behavior students may be expelled from school.
6. The school mreserves the right to change, modify and implement this disciplinary policy. Parents and student will be informed in writing of these changes in advance and are expected to abide by the new changes/policies.
In case of emergency like falling or sickness the school will contact the parents, please make sure the school have valid phone numbers for emergency contact. If the emergency is life threatening the school will call 911.
As you know the school depends mainly on volunteers who give their time to keep the school running efficiently. We ask the parents, if they would be available to do one day of school service every 3 months to help with activities like signing students in and out, supervising students during break time, and helping the young one with Wudu
Assalamu Alaikum all,
Thank you for sending your children. Please let others know about the program, and encourage them to enroll their children as well!
"The Messenger of Allah (?) said: One who guides to something good has a reward similar to that of its doer."
Take a glimpse into this weekend's class session: